Taking a nice cool dip after a long hard day is nothing short of delightful. However, most people don’t dream about the maintenance of their backyard oasis. Dealing with algae build up and blocked or broken filters is far from luxurious. However, Pool Pro, located in Kihei, Hawaii, is here to make pool maintenance a little easier for you.
Here are five tips that are sure to keep your luxurious pool dreams alive:
- Skim Surface: Save yourself the hassle of unclogging a filter by skimming the surface of your pool daily. Removing any excess debris such as leaves and twigs is a simple way to keep your pool clean.
- Scrub Walls: Scrubbing the walls of your pool bi-monthly prevents the build up of algae. Be sure to do yourself and your pool a favor by using a scrub brush to keep the siding of your pool spotless.
- Clean Filter: A pool filter’s job is to clean your pool, and part of your job is to clean your pool filter. To clean your filter, remove your pool cap and clear out any debris that has been caught by the filtration basket. Be sure to do this at least once a week to keep your filter running smoothly.
- Keep Chemical Levels Consistent: By keeping the chemicals in your pool at their proper levels, you avoid bacterial growth, skin and eye irritation, and cloudy water. Be sure to test your pool’s chemical levels every week to ensure a clean and healthy swimming environment.
- Schedule Annual Service Appointments: It is important to make an annual pool service appointment to make sure your pool filtration and pumping system is working at its best. Identifying a small problem now can prevent a much larger problem later.
If maintaining swimming pools sounds like a lot of work, that's because it is— but owning a pool doesn't have to be a labor. For all your inground and above ground pool supplies, hot tub maintenance, pool construction and repairs, trust Pool Pro for efficient and convenient service. For more tips on keeping your pool clean and clear and to schedule an appointment, call Pool Pro at (808) 879-3294. To learn more about the full service pool professionals, you can also visit them online.