Personal injury law provides the right for you to pursue compensation if you sustain serious injuries due to another party’s negligence. To successfully recover damages, you must be able to prove liability. As such, not every incident involving an injury will meet the qualifications to file a claim. The legal team at LaRowe Gerlach Taggart LLP has helped numerous residents in Reedsburg, WI and the surrounding areas get the settlement or judgment they deserve after experiencing injuries due to someone else’s negligence.
Below are some of the most common personal injury cases that are eligible to receive restitution:
- Traffic Accidents: Traffic accidents make up a large portion of personal injury claims. This includes collisions involving other motorists, truck drivers, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians. Driving under the influence, distracted driving, and speeding all frequently contribute to accidents that result in traumatic injuries.
- Slip & Fall: Property owners are responsible for keeping their premises free of potential dangers. Neglecting to fix or offer a proper warning about hazards such as slippery floors, unsafe stairwells, or cracks in the sidewalk can result in compensation for injuries suffered in a slip and fall.
- Medical Malpractice: Regardless of how much training and experience a medical professional has, they are still subject to human error. This means they can make a mistake when diagnosing an injury or illness, while performing treatment, or when prescribing medication. Failure to provide a certain standard of care opens healthcare professionals up to medical malpractice claims.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers must ensure their products are safe for consumer use before making them available to the public. If an injury occurs because of a defect or inadequate instructions, the manufacturer may be held financially accountable.
- Dog Bites: Despite their role as man’s best friend, not all dogs interact with humans in an amicable manner. In these cases, dog owners are often liable for any injuries their pet inflicts on another person, as long as they weren’t antagonizing the animal or trespassing on private property.
Every personal injury case is unique, and the ability to recover damages will depend on the specific circumstances surrounding the incident that took place. The best way to determine if you have a valid claim is to consult an experienced attorney who will know if you can prove liability. Contact LaRowe Gerlach Taggart LLP at (608) 524-8231, or visit them online for additional information.