Spring has finally arrived, and while it brings with it wonderful weather, it also brings an increase in allergies. Between the risk of needing mold removal due to excess moisture from spring showers and an increase in pollen from all the beautiful flowers, it can be hard to keep your home comfortable and clean.
To keep your home free from mold, pollen, and other allergens, try the following tips:
- Dust & Vacuum: At least twice a month, but preferably every week, dust and vacuum your entire home. If your vacuum comes with various attachments, use them. Certain models have attachments for drapes and upholstery, which are notoriously difficult to vacuum.
- Ventilate: While you’re cleaning, open the windows so errant dust and debris can escape and fresh air can enter. If you have window fans, don't forget to turn them on to help blow out any remaining allergens and pollutants. If your home is nestled in between many plants and trees, consider installing a pollen-proof screen.
- Dry Thoroughly: Because spring consists of a lot of rain, there's a chance the interior of your home will suffer some water damage. If that happens, you must ensure any carpeting is properly cleaned and dried as soon as possible. If it remains damp, you may end up needing mold removal service.
- Keep Cool: Keeping the home cool during spring and summer isn't just about comfort—it's also about health. As previously mentioned, mold thrives in damp environments and heat only makes it worse. Humidity can be avoided by turning the thermostat down and, if needed, investing in a dehumidifier.
- Replace Air Filters: On average, you should try to replace your HVAC system’s air filters at least monthly during seasons of regular use. If you're unsure when or how to replace it, consult the owner's manual or the HVAC company that installed it.
If you need some assistance with mold or water cleanup, ServiceMaster Restoration by BTM in Ft. Mitchell, KY, can help. With more than 60 years of experience and a wide range of services, they'll clear things up in no time. Whether it's basic green cleaning services or extensive mold removal, don't hesitate to reach out. Call them today at (859) 363-0988 or use their contact form online.