If you sustained serious injuries in an accident that was not your fault and insurance will supposedly cover it, you may not be planning on hiring a personal injury attorney; however, if you have ever worked with an insurance provider, you probably know that negotiating with them is anything but easy. At Hale Skemp Hanson Skemp & Sleik in La Crosse, WI, you will find a compassionate attorney at law who knows how to fight for your best interests when pursuing damages.
Here are five reasons to hire a personal injury attorney:
- They Are Experienced: Personal injury attorneys are familiar with different kinds of accident claims, which means you’ll have an experienced ally who understands all the local laws and regulations that affect your particular situation.
- They Save Time: A large part of building a strong injury case is gathering all the necessary documentation. This includes medical records, police reports, and witness testimonies. A skilled attorney will know exactly what your case file needs and will save you the time by getting it for you.
- They Know The Experts: Many injury claims involve the same kinds of scenarios, and an experienced attorney will know the industry professionals and experts you should talk to in order to strengthen your case.
- They Provide A Voice Of Reason: Recovering from injuries is stressful, especially if you have to miss long periods of work. It’s common for tensions to run high, and you may not always be in the best frame of mind to make good decisions. A personal injury attorney will serve as your voice of reason during this time and provide objectivity when you need it most.
- They Are Skilled Negotiators: If an insurance adjuster does not offer a fair settlement, a skilled attorney knows how to negotiate with the client’s best interests in mind. They will also represent you during arbitration, mediation, and trial proceedings.
At Hale Skemp Hanson Skemp & Sleik in La Crosse, WI, you will find a team of attorneys who have all of the above qualities and more. Whether you need a workers’ comp lawyer or a business lawyer, someone from their team will be more than happy to guide you every step of the way. Visit their website to learn more about their areas of practice, and call (608) 784-3540 to schedule a free initial consultation with a personal injury attorney today.