Maui is a prime location for spending time outdoors in a swimming pool. A personal swimming pool gives you the ability to take a refreshing swim without having to go all the way to the beach. However, before you start building an above ground pool, there are a few things you should know.
Pool Pro, the number one choice for Maui residents seeking superior above ground pool installation and ongoing pool maintenance, has some do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when building swimming pools:
- Choose The Right Location: Building an above ground pool on a sloped area can cause big problems, both during installation and over time. For example, placing an above ground swimming pool close to a tree may cause the tree’s roots to push through your swimming pool’s liner. Try to choose a level area without any obstructions between the pool and your home.
- Choose Durable Material: Above ground pools can be made from many different materials, such as fiberglass or concrete. Depending on environmental factors and how often you plan to use the pool, assess whether more durable materials will win out in the long run. A little more upfront cost during installation can make a huge difference in pool maintenance costs five years from now.
- Choose Licensed Swimming Pool Installers: A swimming pool is a big investment, so make sure the job is done right by asking if your installer is CPO certified. CPO stands for Certified Pool/Spa Operator, and it’s the industry standard for pool installation training and certification.
- Forget About Pool Maintenance: You may assume that pool maintenance isn’t as much of a concern because you have an above ground pool instead of in ground, but that’s not true. Ask your swimming pool installers what pool maintenance and cleaning products they recommend.
- Use Mulch Around Pools: While mulch is great for keeping down weeds around your pool, it also attracts carpenter ants. As summer gets hotter, the carpenter ants might chew through the pool liner in an attempt to get to water.
- Settle For Just “Okay”: An above ground pool doesn’t have to be generic or boring. Pool Pro’s licensed and experienced swimming pool professionals can help you design a pool that goes above and beyond your expectations.
Follow the do’s and don’ts listed above, and you’ll be on your way toward an enjoyable, long-lasting above ground pool in no time. To learn more about how Pool Pro can help you design and install the perfect above ground pool, as well as help with ongoing pool maintenance, visit their website or give them a call at (808) 879-3294.